Thursday, July 28, 2011

Night it Up - night market

Long time no update, busy with school and work..finishing my last undergraduate course and I'll be done FOREVER haha.



So I went to the Night it Up night market two weeks ago, it was packed like sardines and it was HOT. Look at the crowd! But nothing compares to the crowd in night markets in Asia haha.



First thing I got was this - pineapple juice! It was 2 for $11 but I found another stand where it was $8 and FREE refills. This was pretty heavy to hold.



TN loves to eat poutine so she got excited when she saw "Asian" poutine. wtf is asian poutine anyway? lol well this one is pretty much ground beef? in sauce, cheese and gravy that tastes weird.



We all got excited when we saw raw oysters <333 LOVE. I think it was two for $10 don't remember. But I do remember it being tasty :D!



Takoyaki <3



Yes, all 9 of those were ours haha. Kidding, just those four. TN ate only one and didn't like it..how can you not like takoyaki lol, so RC, LD and I all had to finish hers.



We also had HK style stinky tofu, if you can read the sign it says 全加之臭 臭豆腐 (translation: the most smelliest stinky tofu). BUT it wasn't stinky at all and it tasted ok. The taiwanese one a couple vendors away was the smelliest.



HK style stinky tofu

So overall, great atmosphere - i had a fun time, going to the night market reminded me of the night markets I went to in Taiwan ..miss it there :(.

I also went to the TNT night market this past weekend and hate to say it but I had a horrible time. WHY? because it rained A LOT when we got there and we had no umbrella! Boo

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had fun at Night it up =)
    I didn't go to the Night market but the first day was too hot! Too bad you had a bad time. Did you run into T&T for shelter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah I watched it in 3D. I didn't even know til I looked at my ticket after paying. I was wondering why it was more expensive than I expected lol

    ReplyDelete